Friday, July 4, 2008

Stroudwater Marsh

Pastel on Wallis, 5.5x5.5, matted to 11x14 $95.00

Stroudwater is a section of Portland that goes back to Colonial times and it is a beautiful reminder of our Portland history. The marsh there is particularly lovely. It is where, in earliest times, the trees for masts were loaded onto ships to be carried to the shipyards. The Tate House, which is open to the public, was the home of the mast agent. This interpretation of the marsh is 51/2 x 51/2, and is matted to 11x14. See the sidebar to the right to see what that looks like. Price includes shipping in the US.

No comments:

Welcome to the home page of my blog. This is where I post new work as well as updates on my artistic life.

You will find a complete portfolio of my work on my website: Kathleen Daughan Fine Art where paintings can also be purchased. Smaller paintings and jewelry are in my Etsy shop: www.kathleendaughan.etsy.com

I also have a brick and mortar gallery/studio in Nashua, N.H. in the Picker Building. Please email me for more information.