Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Accepted

Both of these paintings have been accepted into the Barn Gallery Annual Juried Show in Ogunquit. The Barn Gallery has such a wonderful and long history of supporting artists. My college art professor was the well known Ogunquit painter John Laurent, son of the Ogunquit sculptor Robert Laurent. John used to take us as students to their galleries in the waning days of the early colony. All of the artists of the historic Ogunquit art colony had strong connections to and some were founders of the Barn Gallery. I'm very honored to have been once again selected for their annual juried show.



Rhythm of the Marsh
Scarborough Marsh No. 9




1 comment:

Caroline Peña Bray said...

Rhythmn of the narsh is just beautiful. The perspective is great and really lends a feeling of depth to the painting. Great work Kathleen!

Welcome to the home page of my blog. This is where I post new work as well as updates on my artistic life.

You will find a complete portfolio of my work on my website: Kathleen Daughan Fine Art where paintings can also be purchased. Smaller paintings and jewelry are in my Etsy shop: www.kathleendaughan.etsy.com

I also have a brick and mortar gallery/studio in Nashua, N.H. in the Picker Building. Please email me for more information.